No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Friday, January 15, 2016

Job

I had no desire to read this book, but am studying through it with some friends. Today, we have reached chapter ten and are reviewing what we see or have learned.

Job was blameless in God's eyes. Why did God point him out to Satan, except to prove a point to Satan. At first Job praised God - "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away."

Then his friends come. I don't want to be or have any friends like this. But I must remember that this was pre-Calvary. Looking at these first chapters I can see where Satan is causing havoc; not only destroying his family, but his health; speaking to one friend in a dream and the friend repeating it.

What I see in Job 1-10 is a man unaware and unprepared for spiritual war-fare. Since, it happens before Jesus coming to earth, I can understand why. Job can only cry out to God and hope that he is awake and listening (the mentality of that day?). He knows God is All- Powerful and our Creator, that He can cause mountains to move (the flood), the earth to shake (Korah), and the sun not to rise or stand still (Joshua). But he doesn't know or has forgotten Satan in the garden and how crafty he was and is.

Then I compare it to this side of Calvary. Many of us are blessed with an education and the ability to read and study the holy scriptures. As we study we can see God's plan for salvation unfold and that there will be a last day and a day where all stand before God's judgment throne. We also see how Christ abided in Father while on earth, and spoke of the kingdom of God, we "witness" how he dealt with demons, and know that it is God's desire that none should perish as well as many other things that can be gleaned from the New Testament.

So, why does God allow us to go through difficulties? I believe it is to draw us to Him, to learn obedience,  total dependency on Him, to refine us and bring us to repentance if needed. I have to be careful not to criticize or think "that's crazy" when reading about Job. We have learned so much from God through Jesus coming and Holy Spirit dwelling in the saints today. I am thankful to be able to have a relationship with God.

So, let us not give up on meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as we see the Day approaching (Hebrews 10:25)


Songs to encourage you:

I will go through the (refining) fire, if You want me to.


I know a secret....

No comments:

Post a Comment