No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Monday, October 31, 2016

Choosing My Path Wisely




I am reading through Judges. Today I am in chapter 11.

It is worth noting that they cast out a son of a harlot, Jephthan. He was someone that they did not deem worthy. Wouldn't you know it, Jephthan is the one that God used to deliver Israel at that point and time!  

This reminds me to not let what others think of me effect who I am. Because, I am a child of God and He has great plans for me! All that is required of me is to trust and follow Him; wherever, He leads. I can rest in the fact that everything works out according to His purpose and plans and brings glory to Father.

I should never complain about this life. Every breath I take is because He has had mercy on me. It's His breath in my lungs - I should be singing His praise and speaking words for Him.  This reminds me to be cheerful (Psalm 37:22), praise God for the good and the bad (Ps. 34, Job’s life, Jesus’ life), be meek (Psalm 37:11 & Matthew 5:5)  be patient (Psalm 37:7, Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Corinthians 13:4,). I am to wait expectantly on God and rest in Him (Psalm 37:7-9). I need to work on being encouraging and not tear anyone down.  (Hebrews 3:13, Hebrews 10:23-25).

Also, never let idolatry of any "thing" or any "person" come between me and God. He is my first love and to Him I have given my soul, my life, my heart, all that I am. I need to focus on my relationship with God by spending time with Him every day.  Just like I do with family or friends. You invest time in what is important to you. I don't want the only time that I call on on God is in emergency type situations:  "9-1-1-God, I need you" or "Help me now that I am in trouble, God!"

While reading this chapter I was reminded to be careful about what I speak (v.30). I know that I will be held accountable for every word that I say.  I must simply rest in God and let Him defend me and work everything out according to His plan and purpose.

Finally I think it is  important to remember our history and what God has done for me.  It is easy for me to forget things if I don’t write it down. So, I keep a journal  of what God is doing in my life,  speaking into my life or telling me to do and what He is burdening my heart with. By keeping a journal I can go back and meditate on it,  pray about what He wants, and  wait on Him.  Then, I am better able to  do what He desires.   Above all else, I must simply "Trust God".  

I hate the vow Jephthah made (notice the “if” in Judges 11:30.) I thought it was so sad that his daughter was killed because of his vow. Especially when in the previous verse, we see that the spirit of God was upon Jephthah. So that being the case, he was operating in the Spirit. Jephthah did not need to make a vow, but he did. Couldn't God have stopped her from coming out? Perhaps. 

We all have a free-will. It is our choice how we live, what we do, what we say, and how we spend our time. 

On that Day we will stand before God and give an account for our choices. Will we be embarrassed or thankful for how we spend our life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment