No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I've Gotta Secret...


Joshua 7


In Joshua 7, I noticed that the Lord did not speak to Joshua about going up to Ai. I wondered, did Joshua get ahead of God? He sent spies out –just like last time – and it appears that he listened to them rather than waiting for God. This made me stop and consider, do I do that?

When God is silent it might be best to be still and wait for Him to speak, reassess, and evaluate.  Is there something coming between me and God; am I walking in obedience?  The sin of one man caused “the anger of the LORD to burn against the children of Israel.” (v.1b).

Don’t wait until things go wrong to seek the LORD (v.6-9). I don’t think God yearns for  “9-1-1-prayers”. But rather He wants our heart –and to be involved in every part of our day. He is already there, we simply acknowledge His presence and talk with Him. . . Every DAY, every MORNING, and ALL DAY long spend time with Him in fellowship and prayer(Ephesians 6:18) and follow the LORD.  Let’s not forget to put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20) and put your hope and trust in Him! 

If we go back Joshua 1:8 we see that God gives Joshua some important instructions and it reminds us as well to chew on the Word of God. 

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate (to moan, growl, utter, muse, mutter, meditate, devise, plot, speak) think in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success”.

Meditating on God’s word is more than simply reading a chapter or studying it. It is muttering, thinking, talking to God about it, asking Him to show you what it is saying.  I’ve been working on memorizing Psalm 34. As I reviewed it yesterday, I was amazed that I am still finding new insight and deeper understanding of what God is saying there. If you have time today, meditate (chew, mutter and think) on God’s Word. Psalms 34 is a great place to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment