No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Respect God Your Maker


In that day a man will look to his Maker
and his eyes will have respect
for the Holy One of Israel.
He will not look to the altars,
the work of his hands;
he will not respect what his fingers have made nor the wooden images
nor the incense altars.
(Isaiah 17:7-8)

I waited patiently for the Lord; inclined to me and heard my  cry. He also brought me up out of the horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my thoughts. He has put a new song in my mouth -- praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord.


Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust and does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies....I delight to do Your will, O my God, and your law is within my heart. I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness in the great assembly.   O Lord, You Yourself know, I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart. I had declared Your faithfulness and salvation. I have not concealed Your loving kindness and Your truth from the great assembly.
(Psalm 40:1-4,8-10)

If I remember correctly, God ordered that the reigning king was to make a copy the law, so that, they could meditate on it. Also it needed to be shared or read to the people, to those who were lacking the good news of righteous living. How else would they know it unless they were told? Not everyone could read and meditate on God's Word. Because not everyone had access  to the words of God which were written on scrolls.

It amazes me how the Old Testament is a foreshadow of the New Testament. As followers of Christ we are a royal priesthood. We too need our own copy of the Word of God, that we may meditate on it. Not only meditate on it, but proclaim the good news to those who are Biblical illiterate, lost, in need of hope; we should be ready to share the Gospel of Christ to those who have not heard. How will they know, if we don't tell them? Over in John chapter 12 verse 18 it tells us they met with Jesus because they heard what he had done.

But remember, no can come to Jesus unless the Father draws them. (John 6:44)

As followers of Christ, disciples, we all have been given a mission: to proclaim the good news, make disciples of all nations, baptising * them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, AND teaching them to observe all hat Jesus commanded us. (Matthew 28:19-20)

*I agree with mostly everything except two things. First, the way to receive the Holy Spirit is through the laying on of hands (I am only two references, but there are more. John 20:22 -Jesus breathed on them, ; Acts 2 -upper room). I do not see Scripture that states all believers will or must speak in tongues. I base this on 1 Corinthians 12 (gifts of the Spirit). I think we should seek God's face (have a relationship with Him) not His hand (what He can do and give us). A gift is just that, a gift. I think that we can ask to fill us with His Spirit, but He decides how. 


If you have time and haven't done so already, I urge you to go deeper by clicking the links in this blog. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Valerie for sharing this with us. Your thoughts remind of me the song by Selah "More and more of you." I hope you have a lovely day! -Liz

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bpQqkCF__I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! I haven't heard that either! Going to go look it up to add to my music list. ;)

      "More and More of You" Lyrics:

      We have had enough of getting everything we want
      We are weary of living this life just for us
      Oh, forgive us all for seeking Your hand and not Your face
      Come and empty us, Father, we are desperate in this place


      Holy Spirit, fill us with Your fire
      Give us Your desires
      Hold us close to You
      Holy Spirit, give us revelation
      Your healing visitation
      Nothing else will do
      We want more and more
      And more and more of You


      You have given us so much more than we deserve
      You deliver us by the power of Your Word
      So, God we lift You up
      Giving You the honour that is Yours
      Thank You for Your love
      This is what we are living for


      Holy Spirit, fill us with Your fire
      Give us Your desires
      Hold us close to You
      Holy Spirit, give us revelation
      Your healing visitation
      Nothing else will do
      We want more and more
      And more and more of You


      Oh, the love that covers us
      Oh, the Saviour's mercy.
      Oh, the blood that makes us spotless white


      Oh, the love that covers us
      Oh, the Saviour's mercy.
      Oh, the blood that makes us spotless white


      Holy Spirit, fill us with Your fire
      Give us Your desires
      Hold us close to You
      Holy Spirit, give us revelation
      Your healing visitation
      Nothing else will do
      We want more and more
      And more and more of You


      Holy Spirit, fill us with Your fire
      Give us Your desires
      Hold us close to You
      Holy Spirit, give us revelation
      Your healing visitation
      Nothing else will do
      We want more and more

      Delete