No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

WAKE UP, Servants of Christ!! ~~~~~What ARE You Doing?

God has lead me back to John 12:18 and it is a long lesson. I am going to give you most of the verses up front and then share what is on my heart. 

You see people heard about the sign Jesus had done and they came to meet Him. The Pharisees feared that the whole world was going to go after Him.
Jesus tells us, "25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor."
 
Then He says, "27Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”
 
"32 ...if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”
  • not some but ALL. Everyone has a choice to follow Christ or not to follow. 
25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.
 
46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.
  • Abide means to remain; not depart, to be held; in reference to time, to continue, live; in reference to state or condition, to remain, not to become different; to WAIT.
 
We are living during troubling times,
perhaps the final hour as well.
So, what are we doing for the Kingdom of God? 
 
Do you love your life? How are you redeeming the time? Is there anything that captivates you or keeps you from following God, from hearing His voice, reading His Word,  spending time with Him everyday -through out the day? Are we seeking honor from others or from Him?
 
Where are you abiding? The abide in verse forty-six is the same as the abide in John 15 (vine and branch).  Abide in Him and you will bear much fruit, but without Him you can do nothing (v.5).
 
It is hard to explain all of this. If you accepted Christ, you have been given the key to the Kingdom of God -eternal life with God.  When we love the Lord with all our heart, mind soul and strength it is easy to walk in all that He has for us and to be prepared. But when the things of this world creep in through distractions, the storms of this life, trials or attacks of the enemy, or even when things are going really well, it is easy to lose sight of the goal and take our eyes off of Jesus. We could even lose sight of the key and not be ready when Father sends Jesus to collect us,  just like the ten virgins: five were ready and five weren't.

BUT if we are prepared and in constant communion -walking, talking, and praising God. Reading the Bible and doing what He desires --  Then when stuff comes our way, we will stand on the Rock (Jesus), bless the LORD at all times and continually praise Him, fight with the Word of God and keep our focus on God.
 
However, this is only part of it. Read John 14:12-21. Jesus is speaking.
 
12 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.   
  • (this hinges on our obedience and following God. In John 12:49-50 Jesus tells us that "I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."   
  •  This is not the only record of Jesus doing "what Father says".  He walked in the Spirit; spent time alone with God in prayer, and ministered.
15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
 
  •  We receive the Helper, the Holy Spirit, when we surrender our life to Christ.
 
19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
 
 
Focus on the first three verses keeping in mind the latter. Remember also that faith and believing come through hearing Romans 10:17 and it takes the faith of a mustard seed -the smallest seed- Matthew 17:20/Luke 17:6.
 
God has given us, His children, His followers, Disciples of Jesus authority over the enemy (Luke 10:19).
19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”
 
That is a lot to chew on. But to bring this to a close, when people hear about what is done in Jesus name they will want to know more. Then they will have a choice to make, to follow or not. Also, remember Jesus said in John 14:12 that we would do greater works than what He had done. We are considered His disciple if we abide in His word (John 8:31). I can't help but wonder why we don't see the greater works. . . . These words are not only for those who lived when Jesus walked the earth, but for His disciples today.   However, be sure that you are walking with God and abiding in Him, knowing Him. So that you don't end up like brothers who did not "know Jesus" or weren't true servants of God in Acts 19:13-17.
There is power in the name of Jesus and these brothers knew that but they didn't KNOW Jesus.

We must spend time with God in order to know Him; walk with God in order to know what He wants us to do and where He wants us to go. We must redeem the time, while we still have "time". Because when we get to eternity, it will be too late to lead someone to saving grace, truth and knowledge of Jesus Christ.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment