No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Monday, June 20, 2016

The Cure to a Meaningless Life

King Solomon was the wisest man and yet with all his wisdom and wealth he saw that life was all vanity (emptiness).

Ecclesiastes 1 (NKJV)

The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

“Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher;
“Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.”

What profit has a man from all his labor
In which he toils under the sun?
One generation passes away, and another generation comes;

But the earth abides forever.
The sun also rises, and the sun goes down,
And hastens to the place where it arose.
The wind goes toward the south,
And turns around to the north;
The wind whirls about continually,
And comes again on its circuit.

All the rivers run into the sea,
Yet the sea is not full;
To the place from which the rivers come,
There they return again.

All things are full of labor;
Man cannot express it.
The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.


That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there anything of which it may be said,
“See, this is new”?

It has already been in ancient times before us.
There is no remembrance of former things,
Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come
By those who will come after.
I, the Preacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and indeed, all is vanity and grasping for the wind.

What is crooked cannot be made straight, and what is lacking cannot be numbered.

I communed with my heart, saying, “Look, I have attained greatness, and have gained more wisdom than all who were before me in Jerusalem. My heart has understood great wisdom and knowledge.” And I set my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is grasping for the wind.

For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.


The great King Solomon found out how meaningless life is without God.

I am so thankful that God sent Jesus to show us that He is the way, the truth and the light  He is the only way to eternal life with our Creator. 

In John 16, Jesus tells his followers what is to come after He is crucified. He even tells them that they will see him again after they don't see Him. He shares with them so that they will NOT stumble (doubt). He also tells them about the Holy Spirit.
7...I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.  And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;  concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.  When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
 
No one has any excuse for sinning because of the Holy Spirit: He convicts.  They can lie to themselves and to God, but on Judgment Day there will be no excuse for those following the ways of this world -living for now and the flesh, seeking evil, delighting in wrong doing. We will all be judged and many will be thrown out of God's presence to live with Satan and his followers to be tormented for all eternity. But those who have become followers of Christ will have eternal life with Him.

 
I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not set aside the grace of God. For if righteousness comes through the Law, Christ died for nothing.”
(Gal. 19b-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment