No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Redeeming the Time. . .

Walk in wisdom towards those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each other. (v.5-6)

 

The fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom and knowledge of the Holy One is insight. (Prov.9:10)

 


So in other words, “Walk in the fear of God towards those who are outside (not a follower of Christ) redeeming the time….” This reminds me of another verse, Ephesians 5:16:

15Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to reckless indiscretion. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your hearts to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name our Lord Jesus Christ.

21Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

How do we redeem the time?

Time is a talent that has been given to us by God. Often times it is misspent and lost when we do not use it according to the way he planned. Can we get back what we have lost? Can we double our time to regain it?

We can be sure that we are diligent about our future time and not be like the thousands of people one their death beds wishing they’d spent their time better.  When we become weary by the world, let us turn to God in fervent prayer and seek to be filled up with His Spirit; Jesus often withdrew to pray and spend time with Father.
 
I did that this morning because I was tired of doing and overwhelmed with life.  Just now God reminded me of what He whispered to me earlier this morning,
 
“Fast your time. Let your goal be – to be with Me.
~Don’t worry. Trust that I am in control.
~You will have freedom.
~Freedom to worship, dance, praise.
~You will walk in this freedom.
~Don’t stress.
~Trust.”
 
I so needed to hear that today (cheesy grin). I am thankful that I sat down to spend time with Him and I will continue to press in and make Him my goal. I know He will lead and guide me.


No comments:

Post a Comment