No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I Am Waiting... Are You?

"Wait...."

There are two different meanings to 'wait'.
The first is to simply wait (qavah) or wait patiently (chawl).
Definitions:
qavah

I.  to wait, look for, hope, expect

         A.(Qal) waiting (participle)

         B.(Piel) to wait or look eagerly for; to lie in wait
            for; to wait for, linger for

II.to collect, bind together

         A.(Niphal) to be collected

There are many verses that talk about this type of waiting.
Here are a few:  

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD;
 Be of good courage,
 And He shall strengthen your heart;
 Wait, I say, on the LORD!
Psalm 37:7
For evildoers shall be cut off;
 But those who wait on the LORD,
 They shall inherit the earth
Psalm 37:34
Wait on the LORD,
 And keep His way,
 And He shall exalt you to inherit the land;
 When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it
Psalm 39:7
“And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
 My hope is in You.       
Psalm 119:95
The wicked wait for me to destroy me,
But I will consider Your testimonies.
Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

chuwl

There are only two verses that actually say "wait", but many others that speak about waiting.
.
I.  to twist, whirl, dance, writhe, fear, tremble, travail, be in
    anguish, be pained

          A.(Qal) to dance; to twist, writhe; to whirl, whirl about

          B.(Polel) to dance; to writhe (in travail with), bear, bring
             forth; to wait a nxiously

          C.(Pulal) to be made to writhe, be made to bear; to be
              brought forth;
          D.(Hophal) to be born

          E.(Hithpolel) whirling (participle), writhing, suffering
             torture (participle); to wait longingly

           F.(Hithpalpel) to be distressed


Lamentations 3:26

It is good that one should hope and wait quietly

 For the salvation of the LORD.

Psalm 37:7
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
 Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
 Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.



The Lord continues to whisper to me, "Wait...."

I am waiting and longing for the day,
When I will be with Jesus face to face
In the new heaven and earth. 

While I am waiting,
I am praying for my sisters and brothers
Those who are persecuted, hungry, and poor,
And those who live a life of ease and need no more,
While I am waiting,
I will continue to pray for the lost,
That the chains that bind them would be loosed,
That they would have eyes to see,
Ears to hear, and their mind would be unblinded
To the saving grace & truth found only in Jesus Christ.
While I am waiting,
I will dance and praise Him,
Make a joyful noise
And worship my soon coming King and Savior
While I am waiting,
I will sit quietly and trust Him, 
knowing that all things work together for His good,
And if pain comes my way from the wicked,
I may writhe and be in anguish.
BUT I will be patiently waiting and trusting in YAH!
And I know, He is patiently waiting,
Exercising mercy and grace for the that lost soul
That is teetering on the edge of eternity.
I believe with all that I am that  
Jesus is patiently waiting on Father to give the word,
 "Go," and to collect those who are waiting for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment