No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Monday, June 6, 2016

God Has a Plan for Your Life...

Colossians 1:17, "For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for Him."

Everything and everyone was and is created by God for His purpose and plan. This is a humbling verse. God has a plan for us and each of us are invited to be reconciled to Father (v.20-23).

Before writing, I read something that Chuck Smith wrote that struck a chord within me. He pointed out in verse one that Paul said, "by the will of God". Also, Smith shared each morning that he surrendered his day to God. I was thankful to see that someone else prays “not my will today, Lord, but Yours be done,”. I know it is human nature to want to have the big picture of what is going on each day. It is hard not to know what is coming, but I know I can trust God to work everything out. I only have to take it one step at a time and listen for Him.  I know that the days go much smoother when I am surrendered to His will for me that day. But "self" doesn't always agree. So, daily I need to pray “Not my will, but Yours,” and pick up my cross and follow Jesus' example of obedience, servant hood, and walking in step with God's will. (
Mark 9:23-24, John 6:38, & Philippians 2:5-8)

Yesterday in Sunday school the verses in James 4:13-16 spoke to me of my arrogance :


Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow.  For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.  Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
Did you catch the last two sentences?

I know I am not the only one who thinks I know what is best. But deep in our heart, we know God knows all and sees all. So, why can't we simply have faith and trust Him to lead and guide our every step?


Maybe it would help to think of each day this way, you are in a life-size maze with dead ends, pitfalls, and traps along the way as well as joys and trials. Would you race ahead if you have Someone who can tell you what to do and when, where to turn but not why? Or would you ask God for His help and listen to what He tells you even if you are going to be walking into a trial or difficult time?



No comments:

Post a Comment