No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Monday, May 2, 2016

Reading God's Word Aloud

If my children learn nothing else from me, I pray that they would have a desire to read God’s Word every single day of their lives. That they would see it as God’s holy word, inspired by men, with no errors in it and live for Him without any doubts or shame.
 

I am a strong believer in the fact that we must read God's word daily so that we learn to fear the Lord and keep His ways.
 
 

And it shall be with him, and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the Lord his God by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes, and doing them.”  Deuteronomy 17:19; this verse made me think of James 1:22. But I quoted 19-22 because it is good too. ;)  Asterisks (*) and bold print are mine.

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, **because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. **Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Do not merely listen to the Word and so deceive yourself. Do what it says. James 1:19-22

 
Do you ever read your Bible out loud? I felt impressed to do this a while back; however, He did not give me any scripture that I recall. But I find that it not only helps me concentrate but to remember more. Oh, and it can be fun too! You can change your voice to match who is speaking, if you so desire, or not. . .  I find myself doing it unconsciously when I am reading aloud. This might be because I read like this normally when I am reading stories to my family.

So then faith comes by hearing,
and hearing by the Word of God.
Romans 10:17
How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119:103
How does having a daily Bible reading time, impact your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment