No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Here's My Heart, I Trust You

 
This morning while praying for my persecuted family, my brothers and sisters in the LORD. I wanted God to save them, comfort them, protect them. 
 
 
God lead me to these verses: John 20:5, John 8:10, and John 12. In these verses I saw that the disciple waited, he didn't rush in. Jesus waited and did not rush to condemn or judge the woman caught in adultery. In John 12 verse twenty-five jumped out,
 
"He who LOVES his life WILL lose it, and he who HATES his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, let him Follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also."
 
This last verse reminded me of Luke 9:23-24:
 
If anyone desires to come after Me (follow Me), let him deny himself, and take daily and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
 
Further down in John twelve verse twenty-seven, Jesus said, "What shall I say? 'Father save Me from this hour?' But for this purpose I came to this hour. Father glorify your name."

 
I believe God is reminding me that Father will be glorified through us. We need to wait for Him to lead and direct us. We must also trust that He indeed still leads His people today. Things don't just happen! God's children don't simply fall into the enemy's hands. But God allows bad things to happen to draw people to Him. Just like God lead Jesus and allowed Christ to die on the cross for our sins. Jesus Christ chose to do this willingly and so that Father would be glorified.  What a humble servant! What an awesome God!! What an example of obedience and sacrifice!!
I want to live like that. I want my life to be a reflection of HIM and to glorify Father with all that I am. I know some of my sisters and brothers did not choose to be persecuted or the trials that they have gone through or are going through, but they accept God's will and trust that He will be their strength and comfort. He is their hope!
 
I've heard it said that God won't give you more than you can bear. I don't believe that. I think that He does give us more than we can bear to make us choose: total dependency on HIM or relying on me to save myself.

 
 Followers of Christ choose to deny our right to self preservation. We choose take up our cross daily which no only represents Christ's forgiveness, but his submission to God. Then we follow Christ wherever He leads us.

No comments:

Post a Comment