No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Poured Out


I woke up to this song this morning: "Great are You Lord!" :)


I have struggled to SOAK with Deuteronomy chapter twelve. One thing that stands out is verse twenty-three: "The blood is the life...you shall pour it on the earth like water."

"It reminds me of Jesus in Luke 22:19-20 and Matthew 26:27-28 at the last supper with his disciples.

"This is My body which is given for you…."This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.”
and

“And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

 

Jesus came to tell us about the Kingdom of God and to die for my (our) sins. So, how can I deny Him my life when He paid such a high price for me?  "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.…”( Mark 9:34)

 

By choosing to accept His forgiveness, we must come to a point where we realize it is not “all about me and what I want”. To deny myself is to basically say,  “Goodbye, self, you are not god of my life anymore, I serve the one true God.” We must get to the place where we are willing to always say, “Yes, LORD! I will walk by faith, not doubting; I will do, go, and say whatever and whenever You want. You are the Potter and I am the clay."





"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said,
'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'"
John 7:38

Father in Heaven, You are worthy of all praise, You are holy and mighty in power! Give us this day our daily bread. Lord, search my heart: is there any part of “me” left or is there any pride that is hiding in me and keeping me from doing your will? Forgive me of being selfish and stiff-necked. I want to do whatever it is You desire today, I trust as I am walking through this day that You will nudge me and guide me where I should go.  Lord, lead me not into temptation and deliver me from the evil on. Prepare me and help me to go and make disciples, as you have instructed me. Lord, do whatever Your hand and purpose determined before to be done. Look at the threats on all your servants and grant them all boldness to speak Your Word, stretching out Your hand to heal, that signs and wonders may be done through the name of your Holy Servant, Jesus, so that many may hear and believe. I know it is not about me, and if they reject the gospel, they aren’t rejecting me but Christ. Lord, I lift up the lost souls to You. I ask that you would unblind their eyes and their minds, also soften their hearts. Let their hearts be broken and fertile ground for Your Word that they may see the truth and be set free. So, that they would turn to You and they would be healed; confess You as their LORD and Savior; and follow hard after you all of their days. Place a desire in them for Your Truth. Thank you, Lord, that you would use me. Be glorified in and through me, Father.  I pray that I would not be weighed down with the cares of this life so that I am not ready for that Day when Jesus will return unexpectedly. I also ask that I be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass in the end of the age and that I will stand before Jesus. I ask all of this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen  *

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment