No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Friday, March 18, 2016

God's Child

I am Your child. Many, many times in the past I'd crawl into hour lap, if only in my heart and mind, and lay my head upon Your chest just to talk. When did I get so grownie...independent?  Mark 10:15-16

Once again I am reminded, "Children, how hard is it for those who TRUST IN RICHES to enter the kingdom of God." Mark 10: 24b

What or Whom am I trusting in, depending on? A child depends on his parent(s) to take care of them; feed, clothe, shelter, nurture, teach...hold our hand, comfort us when we are sick....(is there more?)

My little boy is almost seven. He told me he is embarrassed to hold my hand except to cross busy areas. He is growing up too fast. I want him to hold my hand simply because he loves me, not because he needs me.



Lord, forgive my foolishness and pride. I love and need You -always! You are my source of life --apart from you I am nothing (John 15). Everything and everyone can and may fail me; but not You. You are My Rock and on You I will stand! I need You to nourish me, provide for me and care for me. (vine & branch). No matter what storms come our way, I need not worry because I am grafted, grounded, securely in You, the True Vine and source of life.

Father, I want to walk like Jesus, dependent and obedient to Your every word. Convict me when necessary. Let my family and I be counted worthy to escape all things which will come to pass and stand before Jesus (Lk 21:36) confident and trusting. Let us  be filled with peace and a longing for You, dear Lord. 

I love You and trust You, no matter what; come what may.

* * * *

 
Another thought from today's quiet time with God:

Whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant,...the Son of Man did not come to be served,  but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many. (Mark 10:43) Not all, but many. Not everyone will abide in Christ and follow, so pray Luke 21:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment