No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Trusting Me or God?


Going back through my journal and I am humbled once again and reminded of what I have learned and need to work on. I hope this doesn’t come across as boasting or anything of that nature. That is not what I want, I mainly want to boast in God. He is awesome and loves us….too much to leave us in the mess we get ourselves in when we don’t totally trust and depend on him.

 

I am still working through the “trusting God” with life.  I know He is the Author and Creator, He sees and knows everything that will happen to me and my family. So, why can’t I rest in this?  Why do I constantly want control of what I do and when, what I buy, where I buy, and the biggest one -how I spend my time?

Sometime in the past two months I prayed I prayed like David one morning  and asked God to search my heart and show me if there was any wickedness or sin in me. In time He addressed the issue at the beginning of last month and told me to bow my heart to Him; that I am full of pride.  –ouch! He also mentioned gluttony. I sadly recognized that I was guilty of wanting and  doing things My way. Then He reminded me of an old lesson Stop And Pray (S.A.P.) before doing anything. I am to WAIT and LISTEN for direction from Him; also, I need to get in the habit of doing this. Then he showed me this is how Jesus lived the last years of his life (see where he’s shown me a few examples of this below in the gospel of John). 

 

After sharing with me about my pride, he asked once again, “Do you fear Me?”  . .  (sigh)

If I feared God I would walk in total submission, not doing things MY way, and Not ignoring any of His promptings. Should I fear God….?

 

He lead me to 'Hebrews 5:6-8' The author is speaking of Jesus:

…“You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek”;

who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement  cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.

 

What stuck out to me in this passage:

vehement (‘earnestly’ -strong passion, heart felt, sincere, intense convictions)

godly fear ( reverence towards God –deep respect, admire, appreciation)

learned obedience by the things which He suffered

Jesus prayed earnestly and feared Father God. – Father God’s own Son, feared Him!  –wow. Shouldn’t I have a godly fear of our Creator? Does it also imply that the things I suffer in this life are to teach me obedience?

 

Next we went to Hebrews 6:7-8 I am going to reword it but please read it at the blue hyperlink and then read what I took from it:

 

The fertile soil or heart which drinks in the Holy Spirit (Word of God) that often comes upon it, bears fruit that is useful for the one who tends (takes care of) their heart, and receives a blessing from God;    (-that is good stuff!)

 

BUT if the heart is choked out with the cares of this life (taking our eyes off of God), it is rejected and near being cursed. Even so the evil (unbelieving and unfaithful) heart* –the heart that does not trust God, the Creator of life. If this heart continues to dwell in such a state in the end it will be burned.

         *Hebrews 3:12

 


 

(See Duet 8:2-6) -Remember that the LORD your God led the Israelites 4o years in the wilderness to HUMBLE and TEST them, to know what was in their heart. He allowed hunger and provided manna. God wanted them to be dependent on Him –teaching them that you can’t live in the past and serve God too. It is a contradiction. We are to be dependent on God and EVERY word of the LORD; not desiring the old life, but pressing on to the better things God has for us.

 
You should know in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so the LORD your God chastens you.
“Therefore you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him.”

 

Jesus learned obedience by the things he suffered. He became eternal salvation for all who obey and abide in Him.  (John 14:23 –if you love me, you WILL____? _____ and Abide).  Jesus often withdrew to pray and seek Father, but now I believe that he walked with Father through the Spirit. By his own words we see that he walked under the influence/guidance of Father. “For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. “And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.” ( John 12: 49-50) and also, “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works (14:10)  I don’t know about you, but I want to be that close. It may not be convenient, it may be awkward at times, but to abide that close to God… I think that is what he wants for us too, a life completely surrendered and trusting Him.

 

Steps to Extravagant living –Doing what God wants….

1.    Hearing God leads you to

2.    Excitement, then

3.    Fear, is that really Him? Next, we turn to

4.    Logic and try to reason out why it was not God. Which can lead to

5.    Doubt... but ultimately we must have

6.    Faith to act, move and TRUST Yahh  (Totally Relying Undone Surrendered Trusting in Yahh

 

God will reward those who obey.

 

Another thing is “The Lord’s Prayer” in Matthew 6:9-13. I’ve heard that it is a model prayer, an example for the way to pray, even to pray the prayer itself. Last time I read it I was looking to see what was in the prayer that I haven’t seen or heard before.

 

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Humbly I come –I am speaking to GOD, the Creator and Author of life
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.

Totally submitting – Your will and not mine, Lord
Give us this day our daily bread  
Totally dependent –My God shall supply ALL my needs and I WILL live by the Words of my God, not food alone.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
Grace    - I will walk in Grace and be gracious to those who have sinned against me.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
Totally trusting  -nothing is coming my way that God doesn’t already know about. So, why not trust him to lead me and keep me from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen
Worshiping God – it is all about His kingdom, power, and glory. We were created for His glory and that He may be glorified in and through us….forever

 

The choice is ours. . . It is a leap of faith. You know that you can trust God, but still you have to walk the path that He has laid before you. Not turning to the right or left (Isaiah 30:21) and trusting Him with all your heart (Proverbs 3:5-6). We are not to walk in fear (John 20:18-21) but perfect peace. And we will have perfect peace when we keep our mind on Him, because we trust Him…forever (Isaiah 26:3-4). Remember that God is faithful to the promises He has made (Hebrews 11): Joseph’s dreams did come true, Abraham and the stars (promised descendants), Gabriel’s visit to Mary and also Zachariah, I am sure each one pondered what God shared with them as they waited. It all boils down to T.R.U.S.T. in Yahh**

 

Friday, I heard  John McArthur on the radio and  I also read something that stuck out during my quiet time that morning in a book I am re-reading (“PrayerStreaming”) . It encouraged me in dealing with all of this.

 

First John was talking about indifference (pride) and familiarity keeps us away from God. Pride because we are too full of our self to need God. Familiarity because we think we already know and are close to God, but are we really?

 

PrayerStreaming:  

 

Sin is the filth of this world that keeps us from God. It is an obstacle between us and God. We might feel like giving up because we are drawn to other things and feel filled with defeat because we aren’t “drawn to God”. However we have a power greater than our own:

 

“We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us….We always carry around in our bodies the death of Christ, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body…Therefore, we do not lose hear (2 Corinth 4:7, 10-11, 16)

 

Often we don’t take time out to pour out this treasure with in us –God’s power released through prayer and meditation on His Word. – so we fail again and again. Instead, we remember Jesus prayed and that he continues to pray for us and that he left us with the power to overcome sin in our lives.  IF we want to be so drawn to God that the connection to him in prayer feels as necessary as breathing, we MUST claim God’s power step by step.

 

We must remove the hindrances that keep us from connecting with him – (see Heb 11:1)

 

What is keeping me from God’s presence? What keeps me from communing with God all day? If we are not doing this, we should ask ourselves why? 

 

I have become a broken vessel and am daily choosing to live a life surrendered to Him.

 

 

** Totally Relying Undone Surrendered Trusting in Yahh  (TRUST in Yahh)

                                                                                                                                       ~humbly dwelling at His feet~

No comments:

Post a Comment