No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

....'Do you trust me?'....

God whispered to me again this morning, 'Do you trust me?'

Mentally I replied, "Yes."

Later after I sang a spontaneous worship song ("Take me into the holy of holies, take me in by the blood of the lamb....") I sat to pray, overwhelmed by Him and the things going on, conversations on FB with my dad, mom's surgery is coming, still waiting for God to fulfill a promise... I started to pray and petition God about what was on my heart.

Once again, 'Do you trust me?'......I replied with scripture but personalized, I will trust in You, Lord, with all my heart, I will not lean on my own understanding, in all my ways I will acknowledge You and You will make my path straight. You will keep me in perfect peace because my mind is stayed upon You, because I trust in You. I will not fret because of him who prospers in his way, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. I will trust in You and do good, I will dwell in the land and feed on Your faithfulness. I will delight myself in You and You will give me the desires of my heart. I will commit my way to You, trusting You, and You will bring it to pass. You will make your righteousness shine forth like a light and Your justice as the noonday.....  (Prov. 3:5-6, Isaiah 26:3-4,  Ps 34:1-)

I felt completely at peace in His presence.... (light bulb moment)

All scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. (II Tim 3:16)

Looking back I see that I was anxious some and trying to trust God, but not admitting this to Him or myself. Now I see how I can pray the Word of God that is hidden in my  heart. No one can take it away from me. I am thankful that He has been encouraging me and directing me to specific Scripture to hide His word in my heart. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment