No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Monday, September 21, 2015

Serve

You are good, You are good when there is nothing good in me....
I woke up to this song today. We sang it yesterday in church. God also whispered to me several times, 'Serve'. At first I was wanting to know, now? where? Then I asked Him what He meant.... silence.

This morning when I sat down to read, "I don't know where to read..." I wanted to spend time with God.... 'Gen 5:10' ??
Not knowing why, I was there  I looked up the meaning of the names:
Enosh = man
Kenan = possession

'You are my possession' - :) sweet

Exodus 19:5 Therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and kee my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine. :) so, sweet!

So, I am your possession - a servant
    a treasured possession if I obey....

Covenant: between God and man & alliance (friendship & divine ordinance with signs and pledges ((Jesus)) :)

John 15:10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in My love....I have spoken to you...that your joy may be full....My commandment --love one another as I have loved you. No greater love has no one than this, that he lay down  his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servant...for all that I've heard from my Father I've made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, He may give it to you.

Romans 6 obedience leads to righteousness...being set free from sin
You have become a slave (servant) of righteousness.

God is so awesome! Thank you for the "treasure hunt" this morning and helping me learn what Serve meant. If there is more or please lead me to it. I just remembered that I've been frustrated and struggling with Wiersby's comment that we don't hear from God except through scripture. You minister to us and speak to us in different ways. Just because I hear you, doesn't mean every single person hears you. You are God and you speak to us the way you see best and what works best for us...?


No comments:

Post a Comment