No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Trust...

Good morning!

I wanted to share two things with you. One is a devotion that I started yesterday, I read three days because it was so good. It was dealing with trust. The other thing is what I got in my quiet time with God yesterday. You may want to grab your Bible.

The key verse:(They) had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied. (Acts 9:31b)

What stuck out was that they were walking in the fear of the Lord. Do you fear the Lord? No, really, stop and think about it........do you fear the Lord.......If you are like me I stumbled around that question. Yes.... no.... well....yes..... Just a minute, Lord, let me look up "fear the Lord" using blb.org's tools. There are three definitions, but the one that stood out was, "reverance for one's husband". So, do you reverance the Lord (as the perfect) husband, your husband? He never makes mistakes, he supplies all our needs, he is always there, he will correct you when you need it, loves you with an everlasting love, he is trustworthy, faithful, righteous, merciful, just... He is the head of our house and has the final say in all matters...and there is so much more. When I think of him that way, not only do I trust him, but I admire him and stand in awe of him. :) 

God has been working with me on trusting him and this is another dimension to the word and a reminder that we can fear and trust God no matter what we are facing or going through. One time when my hubby was preaching he told the youth, "True love is willing to die for the person you love," and that he would do that for me if it was necessary. I remember thinking that was sweet and I treasured that thought in my heart. God not only did that, but he made a way for us to be together with him forever and to enjoy each other for all eternity!! We serve an awesome God! 

This is the book I mentioned: Trust Without Borders

The first two days were dealing with losing faith. I didn't realize John the Baptist lost faith, did you? Jesus encouraged him not to stumble(be offended - depending on your translation)... Which reminded me of another verse/passage found in Matthew 24:9-14. "Many will be offended," I now think He is talking about Christians will cease to believe or distrust the One who is worthy of complete trust and obedience: God.

So, how are you doing? Anything you want to share with me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment