No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Leaving and forgetting

Leave it all behind and follow Jesus with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength...

 That is twice in a week (?) that Psalm 45 was put in front of me: "Forget your own people also, and your father's house" (v. 10)

Lord, I will cling to you and trust you when nothing in this crazy world makes sense. Because I know you are not the author of confusion and I know that I know that I can depend on Y-o-u.

I am so thankful that you are always here and I can always count on You. Listening to Gilead Lane last night (Lonliness) touched my heart. I am so glad you are my "skinless friend"...with me even though I can't see you in the flesh.  I felt bad b/c often times I don't talk to you. I wish I would talk to you throughout my whole day. Hopefully one day, we'll get to that there.

I am excited about what might be happening at Life Church and hesitant at the same time. Lord, direct leaders, don't let them step out of your will...hee hee -that wouldn't be much of a free will, huh?  You know what I mean. Help them to listen to you.  Keep their hearts soft before you and there ears open.  I will trust You.

Lord, I pray for peace in Israel and around the world. I lift up our solders and their families. Draw them near to You and give them peace that passes all their understanding. Meet their needs, Lord.  Have Your way in this election, put the right man/woman in office for President. Open my eyes to see what will happen/be at peace with what you allow to happen and show me how to pray, if  I need to pray differently.  Thank you.

I really don't  see how America could survive another 4 years with Obama at the helm, but
maybe that's your plan. .  .

I am wondering if I should have just let Lynn keep the 3rd grade science. I don't know if I was being stingy, clingy.....she's given us so much. I am tring not to be hurt over her comments about friends. I wonder if she doesn't push people away to keep from being hurt. I don't know. Bless their ministry and provide for them.

I don't know about transitioning and what to do at church. DH want the kids around other kids, but what do we do? So many questions, only You know the answers to.

John 8:28a-29
 "I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."
35a-36
"Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.."

 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”  
50a ". I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”

Jesus, can we have that intimate of a relationship with You and Father?  In my heart I believe we can, but we have to pull away from the distractions and press in closer to you. Let go of what is good and reach for the best.  How hard it is to apply this when we are at home all day with school. Help me to see, know your will.

Father take away Betsy's desire for the computer/goof time and give her (and me) vision for what to replace it will. In Jesus name.

'Trust Me, trust me to  provide everything. Don't worry. ..it is a sin.'

No comments:

Post a Comment