No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Visiting Family

It's been a roller coaster ride of emotions the last few days.  Part of me longs to be home with my family and part of me doesn't want to go because I know we'll be sayig goodbye in a week; I hate saying goodbye.  Another part of me doens't want to go b/ct we can't see everyone. I am thankful that I know where almost all of them are going: to live with Jesus for eternity.
My life isn't down there anymore and I am glad, Lord. Somedays I miss Mom and Dad and Paula and access to restaruants; but, I know we are where you want us and I am at peace with it. 

Thank You for being with Your children and walking with them through difficult and easy situations.  It was encouraging to hear how you've been blessing Paula with Your presence and how Bryce has a sense of humor, even though he can't talk or see yet. (When the nurse asked Bryce if he can open his eyes, he nodded and kept them closed. Then she said, will you open your eyes for me. He did so.) I think he's trying to tell them, he's awake and alert, but unable to talk.

I can't wait to see everyone, but I long even more to see You -- face to face and to be held in Your arms and hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"  I don't feel like I do so well most days. I am trying to "walk in the Spirit" and talk with you about everything, but I fall short. . . thank you for always being here for Me.

Please guide our steps as we go home to visit our loved ones. Keep us safe as we travel and keep our animals healthy and safe while we are away. Please protect our earthly possessions, but if someone needs them, please don't let them tear things up as they go. Is that silly to pray? Nothing here is important. In fact while I cleaned the fridge recently, I had a good laugh. I'd thought, "If someone breaks in, at least they won't think we are slobs....  The fridge looks so nice and clean. How does it get so dirty!?!  I guess that is what our life is like. We let things go, stuff our life full of things, let things linger longer than they need to, and even forget to throw stuff out. Search me, Lord, rid me of the junk/garbage in "my" life. I love you and want to live a life that pleases You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment