No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goals....

Lord, 

I want my steps ordered by you and I want my family's steps as well.

Proverbs 16 (NIV)

1 To man belong the plans of the heart,
   
but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue.

2 All a man’s ways seem innocent to him,
   but motives are weighed by the LORD.

 3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
   and your plans will succeed.

 4 The LORD works out everything for his own ends—
   even the wicked for a day of disaster.

 5 The LORD detests all the proud of heart.
   Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

 6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
   through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.

 7 When a man’s ways are pleasing to the LORD,
   he makes even his enemies live at peace with him.

 8 Better a little with righteousness
   than much gain with injustice.

9 In his heart a man plans his course,
   but the LORD determines his steps.

 20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.

 21 The wise in heart are called discerning,
   and pleasant words promote instruction.[a]

 22 Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it,
   but folly brings punishment to fools.

 23 A wise man’s heart guides his mouth,
   and his lips promote instruction
.[b]

 24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
   sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

 25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
   but in the end it leads to death.

 26 The laborer’s appetite works for him;
   his hunger drives him on.

 33 The lot is cast into the lap,
   but its every decision is from the LORD.

Footnotes:
  1. Proverbs 16:21 Or words make a man persuasive
  2. Proverbs 16:23 Or mouth / and makes his lips persuasive
I commit this next year to You and ask that You would guide our steps. It would be so much easier if You would simply tell me what to do rather than me plotting out what to do. I think it boils down to faith and trust and allowing You to order my steps.

'Wait for Me and I will lead you.'

Lord, I hate the house being so messy. I want a better relationship with my family. I feel like I am the mean, bossy mom. Why don't/can't they choose to do what is best?  Why do I have to lead all the time?  I want everyone to desire a better relationship with each other. 

Oh, Father work in our lives and hearts, change us and make us more like Jesus.  Take our desire away to WASTE time on the electronics. If it's not significant or furthering our walk with You, what is the point? Put a hunger, insatiable desire in our hearts for more of you and to walk closer with You. Deal with us and the things that separate us from being closer to You.

Thank You for leading me and guiding me. I will wait for you.


By March 31, with God's help I will...

Model and lead by example. 
    a. If I take it out, I will put it away.
    b. If I make a mess, I will clean it up as soon as I am done.
    c. I will allow myself to be caught praying and having quiet time with You.
    d. I will encourage and not discourage those around me.
    e. I will choose my words wisely and ask for Your help.
    f. I will choose to do everything with Praise and not Complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment