No Place I'd rather be

No Place I'd rather be
Join me...

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Galatians..

Thank you for a good night sleep and for let Michael's fever break during the night. He was so hot last night. It was sweet that he wanted to cuddle because he didn't feel good. He's growing up so fast; he won't let me call him my baby any more.

Help me to get everything that needs to be done, done.  Direct my day Lord. Forgive me for being lord over my day. I want you to lead us. . . .

Galatians 1:10-12, 2:6b "..do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men,  I would not be a bondservant of Christ. But I make known to you, bretheren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was taught it, but it came through the revelation fo Jesus Christ."
"God shows personal favortism to no man -- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me." 

Paul confronts hypocrisy (Gal.2:11-21) Just as Paul was hard against Jesus before his revelation of Jesus, he was just as hard in the opposite direction afterwards, fighting for Jesus.

Gal. 2:16-21 (NKJV)
 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law NO FLESH shall be justified.
17But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”


Gal. 3:24-26
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 
 Gal. 4:8-9
8 But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods. 9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?

Paul was taught by God, not man.

No comments:

Post a Comment